Thursday 6 October 2011

Thanks to Steve.

The world owes Steve jobs for quite a lot of it's pretty cool stuff. The Mac. The I-phone. The I-pod. The I-pad. Each one of these devices is slick, innovative, and has changed the way the world works and interacts. His influence fundamentally changed the way we approach design and technology, which has left a mark on how we think, create and innovate.

More importantly though, the world owes Steve jobs for his philosophy on living life to the full.



He has definitely influenced the way I think about how I want to live my life, and what I want to see when I look back on it. Sitting in my apartment in India, looking out my window on a city brimming with life, I thought about the twenty most important verbs I want to do justice to in mine:


Begin
new friendships, new experiences, new journeys, new adventures.


Connect
with people everywhere. No matter who they are, where they come from or what they run from. 


Create
things that will leave a positive imprint on the world and others.


Dream
with hope, belief and limitless ambition. 


Explore
as much of the world and all of it's endless wonders that is possible in a lifetime.


Express
myself with courage, conviction and clarity.


Feel
real emotion. 


Laugh
at myself and with others.


Learn
something new every day that I can bring into the next.


Listen
to what people really mean when they talk, and care about what they are actually trying to say. 


Live
as if each day is going to be my last.


Love
without fear and without regret


Play
with the enthusiasm and eagerness of a seven year old child. For the sheer fun of it.


See
the world as it really is and the moments that make life so special.


Share
both happiness and sorrow with others. 


Smile
every single day. As many times as it is possible to do so. And it's always possible to do so.


Support
myself and others both financially and emotionally, never letting my desire for one outweigh the importance of the other.


Teach
everything that I know to be true.


Work
with determination and dedication, to achieve great things.


Write
if I feel I have something worth saying.


Thanks for the inspiration Steve.

1 comment:

  1. hi niall - lovely thoughts - and so true. live today. laugh today. love today. smile today. make someday.....TODAY :-)

    ReplyDelete